This is a new recipe for me today. We really enjoyed it! We will definitely make it again!
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Martha White)
- 1 cup Homemade red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts w/refried beans
- nonfat sour cream (dolop top of each serving of tamale casserole)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles), stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.